Jemma from Cupcaix Cakes is here to chat about her delightful small creations, CUPCAKES!
“I’m the cake artist/designer/everything girl behind Cupcaix Cakes!
One of the big focal points of your wedding reception is the cake. It sits proudly on its own table all night while guest ooh and ahh over it, take photos and lick their lips in anticipation!
If you haven’t already decided on your cake, let me help you. Think of cupcakes and cakes like you think of fashion. There are trends that come and go and there are your classics. I like to take inspiration from fashion and fabrics when designing what I like to call “cupcake collections”
These days we have so many tools, moulds, impression mats, and cutters that we can virtually copy anything and incorporate it into your big day. Beautiful aspects of your dress such as lace, pearls, ruffles and bows can be matched to your cake and the best part is it’s all edible! You pay thousands for a gorgeous dress, but can you eat it? (ha!)
There are so many reasons why cupcakes are a great choice:
- Guests can serve themselves – meaning there is no plating up at the venue which can cost around $2 per head, then no wastage from the uneaten or half eaten plates.
- They’re neat, clean and easy to take home. You can even use cupcakes as your bonboniere in cute little boxes personalised for each guest.
- Every guest gets an even portion – no fighting over the big piece!
- You can order exact numbers for the number of guests attending – no leftovers to have to take home at the end of the night
- You can still have a small cutting cake atop your tower of cupcakes, for those couples who still want the traditional ‘cutting of the cake’
- You can mix and match designs to create your own cupcake collection.
- We can supply you with a number of different flavours, and stuff your cupcakes with yummy treats like berries, lemon curd or whatever takes your fancy!
- It makes it easier to cater to the dietary needs of guests as we can do a gluten/ dairy free batch for you at no extra cost
- Super easy to transport and set up for those out of the way type weddings. I did a wedding cake to go to Stradbroke Island a few weeks back and the bride told me it was a nerve wracking bumpy ferry ride over, with a 3 tier cake on her lap! Cupcakes can be boxed up and securely transported without worry.
- You can match your cupcakes to a tiered cake, macarons, cookies, cake pops and make a lovely dessert buffet that will wow your guests!
We make everything from scratch with quality ingredients. Choose your cake, fill it with yummies, top it with rich chocolate ganache and fondant that actually tastes nice, and voila!”
Jemma from Cupcaix cakes will have her cakes and cupcakes on display at The Gold Coast Wedding Fair and she will have plenty of time for a chat about plans for your big day!
Go ahead and buy your tickets today: https://adarlingaffair.com/tickets/